Injuries caused by gas bottle barbecues were rising. The Australian public needed to be informed how a simple safety check could avoid serious injury or even worse, death. The spot, created for Energy Safe Victoria, highlights the potentially explosive danger if the check isn’t made. Other issues to consider were the State of Victoria had been labeled a nanny state by the media. And the public were becoming more desensitised with the amount of OTT messaging using gory visual scare tactics to make their point. With this in mind a less aggressive strategy was taken to ensure viewers wouldn’t raise their defences and tune out.
Role: Creative concept / Art Director.